Susan Nyoka prepares robes for her Anagarika Ceremony on January 10th at 7:00 pm at the vihara. You are welcome to join us for this special occasion. As an anagarika Susan will keep the 8 precepts, wear white robes and shave her head. This is a first step into monastic life and an opportunity to test the waters.
Susan prepares for her Anagarika Ceremony on Jan 10th
- Aloka Vihara Newsletter
- End of January – Beginning of March: AER Winter Retreat
- December 2: Weaving Ourselves Back into the Fabric of Life
- Aloka Earth Room Newsletter
- October 7-8: Mindfulness: What’s Next?
- Aloka Dharma Ghent Meditation Evenings
- Recent monastic visitors and visits
- Almsround at San Rafael Farmers’ Market
- Ritual Sitting for Survival ~ Holding Space in San Rafael & Santa Rosa
- Family Retreat at Spirit Rock
- Special News from Aloka Vihara
- Resilience In The Anthropocene