There are numerous ways to join in the ongoing work of helping to support the nuns and working to establish a rural training monastery.
Community Work Days 2018 at Aloka Vihara ~ Save the date!
- October 13
- November 3 (Kathina preparation)
- We will work together from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM with a break for the midday meal.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Offering your help through weeding, handy skills/basic carpentry, trail maintenance, yard work, sewing…
- Sawing & chopping logs (we have lots!)
- Driving the nuns to meetings or events
- Cooking or offering a meal for the nuns
- Join ‘Friends of Aloka Vihara’.
Even if you can just come for a few hours or for a day, we welcome your help! Please contact us if you are interested or have questions.
Last update: May 19, 2018