We are deeply grateful that you are considering offering a midday meal
to the Aloka Vihara Sangha.
For Winter Retreat Meal Dana offering (January 15 – April 15) please arrange a date for your meal offering by emailing <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
During Winter Retreat two kinds of offerings are very helpful:
- Offer a prepared meal by bringing it to the monastery on the pre-arranged day at 10:15 am. (11:00 am after March 13th)
- Offer prepared dishes for future meals.
- We are vegetarian and 5 of the 8 Winter Retreat residents are gluten free. 3 are dairy free.
- Please bring food that is pre-cooked and can be reheated here.
- It’s also fine to bring fruits and vegetables, and to bring packaged foods.
- The meal start time is 11:00 am. Bringing the meal offering at 10:15 am is helpful for kitchen setup.
(after March 13th the meal start time is 11:45 am and bringing the meal offering at 11:00 am is helpful.)
- Arrange for a date for your meal offering by emailing <email@example.com>.
- You are welcome to come into the house for the meal offering. Please wear a mask.