Pantry and Household Items
We are grateful for the generous responses in providing items on our dana list.
Out of concern and care for the resources of our beautiful planet, we ask that you do not order dana items for Aloka Vihara online. The packaging usually turns out to be excessive and wasteful, often using plastic or Styrofoam, which can take thousands of years to decay. In addition there is also the gasoline used for transport.
If you are coming to the vihara or one of our teaching venues and would like to make an offering for the nuns, please consider bringing any of the current items we need:
List last updated: November 10, 2018
- Oats (old fashioned)
- White rice
- Ground coffee (drip grind)
- Chia seeds
- Tofu, tempeh & other soy proteins
- Rooibos Chai or Rooibos tea
- Almond butter
- Nuts (walnuts & almonds)
- Stepping into Freedom: An Introduction to Buddhist Monastic Training by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Inner Gold: Understanding Psychological Projection by Robert A Johnson
- Toilet paper & tissues (recycled preferred)
- Meal dana is very welcome … please click here for more info.
If you cannot come to the vihara or one of our teaching venues in person, donating a Gift Card is a practical and supportive way to make an offering.
Physical Gift Cards:
Safeway ~ groceries
Costco ~ groceries & gas
Grocery Outlet ~ groceries
Ace Hardware ~ maintenance
Home Depot ~ maintenance
Please send your Gift Card to: Aloka Vihara Forest Monastery, 2409 Tolowa Trail, Placerville, CA 95667; phone: 530 647 8262.
Thank you for your generosity and support!