There are currently five resident bhikkhunis at Aloka Vihara.
Together Supporting Awakening
A training monastery of forest nuns living the teachings of the Buddha
and of the Earth for the benefit of all beings.
We welcome female aspirants to monastic life and offer the possibility for interested lay people of all genders to visit, practice, serve and take part in daily monastic life.
Ways to Be Involved:
- Visit the vihara for a shorter or longer stay.
- Offer meals for the nuns.
- Volunteer to help out at the vihara.
- Join ‘Friends of Aloka Vihara’.
- Offer a financial contribution to Saranaloka Foundation to provide the Four Requisites of food, medicine, lodgings, and clothing and to develop the monastery.